We custom make every bend especially to meet your needs based on your instructions, drawings or even templates.
Complex geometric forms including spirals, parabolas, ovals, coils (including helical and serpentine coils).
Sections with multiple radii cab be formed in one piece and compound shapes involving both rolling and bending can be made into a single component. (such as: arches, roll bars, architectural shapes, train vestibule sections, pantographs etc.
Pipe up to 300NB can be rolled and RHS can also be rolled as a diamond for track making etc.
From small to large rolling projects
Our CNC rolling machines and experienced staff can roll a wide range of different materials to many different shapes and orientations.
One of the Unique things about Uneek Bending is the size, capacity and flexibility of our rolling shop.
Our CNC rolling machines and experienced staff can roll a wide range of different materials to many different shapes and orientations. We custom make every bend especially to meet your needs based on your instructions, drawings or even templates.
Some of the more interesting capabilities of our Rolling shop include:
- Ability to roll complex geometric forms such as spiral ellipses, parabolas and complex ovals
- Rolling of a range of coils including helical coils, spiral pancake coils and surpentine coils
- Sections with multiple radii can be formed in one piece.
- Compound shapes involving both rolling and bending can be incorporated into a single component (often used to make arches, roll bars, window shapes, train vestibule sections, pantographs, bulk carrier truck corner supports, etc.
- Pipe up to 300NB can be rolled
- RHS can be rolled as a diamond (can be used to make track)
Along with these special capabilities Uneek Bending also offers a full range of standard rolling services including:
- Extrusion Rolling
- Rolling Flat – on edge / on flat
- Rolling Angle – toe-in, toe-out or as diamond
- Rolling Channel – toe-in, toe-out or on edge
- UB, UC & RSJ Rolling – on edge / on flat
- Pipe Rolling – flat plane, spiral / helical
- Tube Rolling
- RHS Rolling (Rectangular Hollow Section)
- SHS Rolling (Rectangular Hollow Section)
- CHS Rolling (Circular Hollow Section)
- Rolling Of Structural Sections
- Complex section Rolling
Click here to view the metal sections available for rolling from Uneek Bending. This document is also helpful if you are unsure of the meaning of many of the terms used on this page as it includes diagrams of many different sections in many different orientations.
Rolling Related Services
Uneek also provides a range of services to make it as simple as possible to get the custom parts you need manufactured and delivered, even without complicated engineering drawings/diagrams. We can work with simple, hand drawn sketches and do all the required calculations for you. We also provide a number of online tools to assist you in checking your design. These include
- Radius from Rise and Span Tool – Uneek generally use a bend radius and a material length to characterise a bend, if you have only a desired rise and span of your curve this tool will do the conversion for you.
- Truck Space Calculator – Some larger rolling jobs result in finished shapes that may be too large to fit on a standard truck. This tool will calculate how much area the plan view of your completed bend will take up, allowing appropriate transport to be organised.
Angles can be rolled into rings to serve as flanges on tube and pipe. Larger anular rings are used as stiffening rings on vessels and tanks, especially where subjected to external pressure or vaccuum situations. These stiffening rings can be made from flats rolled on edge Diagram/Specs, top hat sections, Z sections etc. As with all our other rolling, these sections can be rolled in a number of different orientations, for example angle, which is commonly used for stiffening rings, can be rolled toe in Diagram/Specs, toe out Diagram/Specs or as a diamond Diagram/Specs with legs inside or out.